UNESCO is United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
It was established to build peace through international cooperation in Education, the Sciences and Culture. UNESCO's programmes directly contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals defined in Agenda 2030, adopted by the UN General Assembly in 2015.
UNESCO IPL Public diplomacy E-team focuses on the co-creation of the public diplomacy ecosystem and on aligning public diplomacy practices with the standards of inclusive policies.
In order to encourage the active participation of ecosystem actors in the co-creation process, this E-team should ensure a clear vision and a shared value base on which the ecosystem activities may be built.
The Team develops and delivers inclusive, equity-weighted, and SDG-oriented policies in the following fields:
On this basis, we will be able to build public diplomacy capacity, design the case for inclusive policies, and crowdsource tested solutions.
The platform is a virtual workspace where resources and tools are centralized with the aim of facilitating communication and interaction in Working Group / E-Team, including Document sharing (spreadsheets, presentations, text files, etc.)
Call for Proposals | Public Diplomacy E-Team (UNESCO IPL)
WHAT ARE THE UNESCO IPL E-TEAMS?
• The e-teams are collaborative spaces that enable fellow policy practitioners to cocreate knowledge and boost its use in the design and delivery of inclusive policies.
• These can be used as standalone online e-teams or combined with in-person/onthe-ground work.
• The e-team allows your work to bank on web-enabled processes and selforganization capacity of policy communities.
• Inclusive policy is an emerging area. The issues are pressing; they need cutting-edge solutions. And there often isn’t time and space for formal and lengthy requests.
• The Support System offers effective and innovative shortcuts that allow the know-how, the evidence and the hands-on experience on inclusive policies to travel faster. It serves all – knowledge producers, decision- and policy-makers, practitioners, and development actors.
• Put simply, the Support System connects the demand for answers some teams have with the supply of solutions others hold and seek to share.
Inclusive Policy Markers
• The Inclusive Policy Markers helps design and deliver more inclusive, equity-weighted, and SDGoriented policies.
• Using the markers offers quality- and processrelated safeguards to ensure that policies are inclusive in design and produce inclusive outcomes.
• On the basis of the online tool, the users can: o conduct an informal (DIY) policy assessment o design a full-scale shared policy audit o and/or crowdsource and diffuse policy solutions they hold.
What is the Lab?
Launched E-Team to provide a platform of support with feedback to help drive positive change within the Public diplomacy ecosystem;
Hosted a virtual roundtable on diversity and inclusion.
Upcoming actions include:
implementing Phase 1 "Building public diplomacy ecosystem";
synthesizing literature to identify best practices that can be used to inform public diplomacy-related inclusive policy activities.
Work with your fellow policy practitioners to co-create knowledge and boost its use in the design and delivery of inclusive policies
LATEST MEMBER PUBLICATIONS