Dr. Philip Effiom Ephraim holds a PhD in Communications and Media Management from Girne American University, Cyprus.
Currently, he teaches courses in media, journalism and communication at The Higher Colleges of Technology, Ras Al Khaimah College, UAE.
Philip has also taught and researched in Cyprus and his native Nigeria.
His research focuses on the applications of communication tactics and new media technologies within various socio-political, cultural and organizational contexts.
Member of Chartered Institute of Public Relations, UK.
PhD in Communications and Media Management from Girne American University, Cyprus.
Area of expertise
Applied Communication, Media and Journalism
Communication and Media Consultant
Ephraim, P. (2020) Music Theory in Practice for Schools and Colleges Book 1. Calabar: The Masters Music Academy & Arts Foundation ISBN: 978-37540-4-1
SCOPUS/Web of Science
Ephraim, P. (2020) The Potentials of Radio in Combating Misinformation about COVID-19 in Nigeria, Fake News Is Bad News - Hoaxes, Half-truths and the Nature of Today’s Journalism. Jan Visnovsky (Ed.) DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5772/intechopen.93949
(SCOPUS/Web of Science) Ephraim, P. (2020) Book Review - Sympathy for the Cyberbully: How the Crusade to Censor Hostile and Offensive Online Offenses Abuses Freedom of Expression by Arthur S. Hayes (2017), Journalism and Mass Communication Quarterly, (97) 2 554-545 AEJMC, SAGE https://doi.org/10.1177/1077699019900692
Ephraim, P. (2020) #payusviaBVN: Social Media, Lockdowns and Social Welfare in Nigeria, in S. Ramasubramanian (Ed.) Quarantined Across Borders Blog Series. Media Rise. Texas A&M University, USA. Accessible at: https://www.mediarisenow.org/qab
1. Ephraim, P. (2019) Louvre Abu Dhabi: Social Media in Marketing Culture. World Conference on Media and Mass Communication, 5(1), 49-57. https://doi.org/10.17501/24246778.2019.5105
2. Ephraim, P. (2018) Bobi Wine Case Demonstrates the Power of Social Media, The Conversation https://theconversation.com/bobi-wine-case-demonstrates-the-power-of-social-media-102179
3. (SCOPUS/Web of Science) Ephraim, P., Akter, T. & Gansinger, M. (2017) New Media-New Voices: Satirical Representations of Nigeria’s Socio-politics in Ogas at the top, Critical Studies in Media Communication (34) 1 UK: Routledge Taylor and Francis, DOI: 10.1080/15295036.2016.1257861 http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/15295036.2016.1257861
4. Ephraim, P. (2016) Transparency and Ethical Considerations in Business Organizations: A Comparative Case Study of Corporate Crisis Relations Strategies of Volkswagen and Mitsubishi Motors, International Journal of Online Marketing Research 2 (2) 1-9 https://hct.academia.edu/PhilipEffiomEphraim
5. Ephraim, P. (2016) Gamin as Heroine: A Feminist Critique of Chaplin’s Modern Times, GAU Journal of Social and Applied Sciences 8 (1) 1-7 http://publications.gau.edu.tr/article.php?issue=81
6. (SCOPUS/Web of Science) Ephraim, P. (2013) African Youths and the Dangers of Social Networking: a Culture-centered Approach to Using Social Networks, Ethics and Information Technology 15 (4) ISSN 1388-1957, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10676-013-9333-2 pp. 275-284 The Netherlands: Springer http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10676-013-9333-2
7. Ephraim, P. (2011) The Constraints of Internet Based English Testing: Appraising the Nigerian Experience of TOEFL, Currents in African Literature and the English Language - Journal of the Annual International Conference on African Literature and the English Language 7, pp. 40-55 – 2010 Calabar: Nigeria https://ciu-tr.academia.edu/PhilipEffiomEphraim/Papers
8. Ephraim, P. (2017) Whistleblowing and Social Responsibility in a Surveillance System: Appraising the Morality of the Snowden Disclosures in Mapping Media Responsibility: Contemporary Aspects of Morals, Ethics and Social Discourse. Gansinger, M. & Kole, A. (Eds.) pp. 50-71 ISBN: 978-3-96067-134-3 Hamburg, Germany: Anchor Academic Publishing https://ciu-tr.academia.edu/PhilipEffiomEphraim
9. Ephraim, P. (2016) Nigerian Media in Transition – From Folk to Viral: Comparative Analysis of Kwaghir Puppet Theater and Ogas at the top in Roots Reloaded: Culture, Identity and Development in the Digital Age, A. Kole and M. Gansinger (Eds.) pp. 60- 79 Hamburg, Germany: Anchor Academic Publishing ISBN 978-3-96067-057-5 https://books.google.com.tr/books?id=dQu3DAAAQBAJ&pg=PA3&dq=roots+reloaded&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=roots%20reloaded&f=false
10. Ephraim, P. (2016) Madawi Al- Rasheed, Muted Modernists: The Struggle Over Divine Politics in Saudi Arabia. London School of Economics and Political Science http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/lsereviewofbooks/2016/07/27/book-review-muted-modernists-the-struggle-over-divine-politics-in-saudi-arabia-by-madawi-al-rasheed/
11. (SCOPUS/Web of Science) Ephraim, P. (2015) Cristina Archetti, Understanding Terrorism in the Age of Global Media: A Communication Approach. International Journal of Communication 9 pp.786- 788 1932-8036/2015BKR0009 Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism University of Southern California, USA http://ijoc.org/index.php/ijoc/article/view/3848/1334
12. (SCOPUS/Web of Science) Ephraim, P. (2014) John Hoberman, Age of Globalization International Journal of Communication 8 pp.2445- 2447 DOI: 1932-8036/2014BKR0009 Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism University of Southern California, USA http://ijoc.org/index.php/ijoc/article/view/3196/1224