Expert Evaluation Panel Member, European Commission, Brussels
(2017 – onwards) evaluation support and advice on the European Cities of Culture Programme.
Head of Evidence, Arts / Head of Evaluation, Arts, British Council
(May 2016- in post)
Visiting International Research Fellow in Evaluating Arts and Soft Power, Centre for Public Diplomacy, University of Southern California, (2018- 2021)
(MBA) – University of Liverpool Management School (2001 – 2003)
• BA (Hons) in Music – University of Durham (1997 – 2000) • Licentiate Diploma by Research and Thesis (LLCM) – London College of Music (2005) Arts Council England’s Stabilization Programme and organisational change programme for the Regional Orchestras.
• Diploma in Teaching Practices (Dip ABRSM) – Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (2011)
• University Certificate in Cultural Organisations Business Planning, University of Waterloo, Canada • In progress Fellowship Diploma by Research and Thesis (FLCM) London College of Music into how the English El Sistema In Harmony programmes have adopted and adapted teaching practices from the Venezuelan El Sistema programme.
• The Gerry Farrell International Research Scholarship 2017/18 to research young people’s music education programmes in Mexico with highly disadvantaged communities
• ‘Building an Impact Evaluation Toolbox based on an Arts and Soft Power Ecosystem’,
published by Figueroa Press, Los Angeles (February 2021, international peer reviewed book)
• Co-authored with Rossana Lewis ‘Culture as the Missing Pillar of the SDGs’ published by the
British Council (2020)
International Approaches to Arts and Wellbeing, Journal of Perspectives in Public Health, January 2018 http://journals.sagepub.com/toc/rsh/current (Peer Review Journal)
British Council on Evaluating Arts and Soft Power Programmes, Centre for Public Diplomacy, University of Southern California, January 2018 and 2021 https://www.uscpublicdiplomacy.org/blog/britis h-council-evaluating-arts-soft-powerprogramming
A model of Music Education Leadership, Arts Professional, February 2016 https://www.artsprofessional.co.uk/magazine/article/model-music-education
Evaluating the Soft Power of the Arts, Arts Professional, March 2018
AHRC PRAXIS Podcast on Heritage, Global Challenges and the SDGs, 2020 https://changingthestory.leeds.ac.uk/2020/04/2 8/podcast-heritage-for-global-challenges